6. What were your 2016 goals and did you meet them?
My 2016 goals were to lead an active, strong, and safe pregnancy, and to return to my previous fitness level within a reasonable time after delivery of my second baby. Yes I sure did meet them! My pregnancy was healthy and low risk, and after 6 months of careful workouts and pacing myself, I've finally gotten my strength back after the delivery of my baby. I'm still working on those jeans (who isn't?!?) but truthfully I couldn't ask for more.
7. What are your 2017 goals?
I don't have any weight or strength goals, I just want to make sure I come to at least 3 classes a week.
8. What is your favourite workout?
I love the longer workouts and all Kettlebell movements.
9. What is your favourite “treat” meal?
Brunch, anything with carbs, maple syrup and fruit is incredible.
10. Do you have a motivational message for others?
Its just about getting your heart rate up above resting pace and maintaining muscle mass as you age. If you get your heart rate higher than resting for just twenty minutes, you are ahead of the game! Also, its important for people to know that none of this experience would be possible with out the support of my husband. It is a team effort for both of us to exercise and maintain our health.
1. When did you join Just Fitness?
I started at Just Fitness February 2015.
2. Why did you join Just Fitness?
I had been looking for a few years to join a functional HIIT lifting gym. When I went on maternity leave after my first baby it was the right time for me.
3. What programs have you done at Just Fitness?
The Warrior Built class.
4. What results have you seen because of joining Just Fitness?
Since training at Just Fitness I've really seen an increase in strength, and a satisfactory return to my pre-pregnancy size. I've also noticed and I'm mindful of using safer movements outside the gym (squatting, picking up toddlers, heavy lifting etc).
5. What have you gotten out of being a member at Just Fitness that you weren’t expecting?
Awesome friendships! Being a full time working mom, I don't have time to socialize the way I would like to. The gym is a social scene and a lifestyle. All the members are fantastic people!
Copyright © Just Fitness. All rights reserved.